Cold bathwater

All things central heating!! Radiators, valves, pipework and any other issues, come on in and ask, we are here to help!

Cold bathwater

Postby char56les » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 am

Hi

I have a Vokera Unica He boiler. About 10 years old. Everything works perfectly, heating, hot water, etc,, Just one little problem, when I run a bath, I get hot water for a minute or so, then it goes cold for a minute or so, then heats up again for a couple of minutes, then goes cold for a minute or so ... and so on. The thermostat seems to turn off, then on again. Bottom line is I cant have a bath. What is odd is that when I turn on the hot water at the sink, I get constant hot water for as long as I like. Anyone have any ideas? Gas man has been twice and due for third visit. No luck so far.
char56les

Cold bathwater

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Cold bathwater

Postby kfordgas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum
It is common for the domestic heat exchangers to get blocked on these. They block with small iron filings from within the central heating system. This is particularly noticeable more so when running bath/showers, as the boiler is trying to push all of its energy around a restricted circuit.
Thanks
kfordgas

Re: Cold bathwater

Postby char56les » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:17 am

Hi kfordgas

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. Engineer is due tomorrow and if he is still unable to cure I will
casually (!) mention your solution. Thanks again.
char56les

Return to Central Heating Questions