Ariston E System Evo - No Spur Switch or Permanent Live

All things central heating!! Radiators, valves, pipework and any other issues, come on in and ask, we are here to help!

Postby Moranio1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi. We had some home renovations done about 18 months ago when we had an extension built onto the rear of our home. We decided to get our Gas boiler upgraded aswell, as the gas boiler needed to be moved anyway and our old one was beginning to have problems. We only had our first service on the new boiler done yesterday. The Engineer who did the service was alarmed to see that there was no Spur Switch or permanent live feed going to the boiler. It has it's own fuse in the main House fuse box. I was not there yesterday at time that the service was carried out, but the engineer told my wife that this should be sorted and the boiler was badly installed because of this.
My question is, is this an urgent situation to have this Boiler electric feed issue sorted ASAP, or should I be worried at all? Also, Is it the electricians fault who did the wiring on our house during the refurb works, or the Gas installers responsibility who fitted the new boiler? I have contact numbers for both, i'm just wondering who is ultimately responsible to get it fixed, as I don't want to be out of pocket to have this remedied. Any advice would be very gratefully received.
Moranio1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ariston E System Evo - No Spur Switch or Permanent Live

Postby kfordgas » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum
It is the gas installers responsibility to ensure the boiler is fed via a 3a switched fuse spur. The permanent live may not be an issue. It needs to be cross referenced in the installation manual, it may not need one.
It is not dangerous but needs attending to.
Thanks
kfordgas

Re: Ariston E System Evo - No Spur Switch or Permanent Live

Postby Moranio1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 am

Many thanks for the response and nice welcome to the forum.
We have been worried for the passed few days as we have the Boiler connected with Hive via the App and to turn on and off the boiler now when we are not at our home, left us feeling a bit edgy. I will contact the Installer and ask him to rectify the lack of a fused 3A Spur Switch. Cheers.
Moranio1

Return to Central Heating Questions