halstead eden vbx 30 gas boiler - fault code 3

A place for installers, service engineers, and those suitably qualified to get assistance and guidance!
Forum rules
No DIY questions here, please post them in the relevant section

Postby mcgas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi I have a difficult issue with halstead vbx 30, (condensing system boiler pre-mix gas valve, etc. ). works for 30 seconds, then goes out on FC 3. (loss of flame signal)- Checked gas pressure correct , combustion settings correct, polarity and pme ok, replaced flame sense electrode and pcb. Fan starts at medium rate, drops to low rate, runs at low rate, then gas valve drops out. (pump etc running normally, not overheating).
Any ideas? Unusual type of gas valve in this boiler. Might be that failed. Needless to say, i've tried contacting Halstead service line, but the company is gone, and its a premium rate number.
mcgas

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: halstead eden vbx 30 gas boiler - fault code 3

Postby kfordgas » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum
It certainly sounds like the gas valve is at fault. Check for a strong spark, and ensure the minimum gas is set correctly
Thanks
kfordgas

Re: halstead eden vbx 30 gas boiler - fault code 3

Postby mcgas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi Kford, many thanks for reply to my question, re probable failure of the the gas valve on this boiler, i have a normal resistance value across each of the two coils on the valve, (it looks like a standard twin-coil type gas valve) , so I'm reluctant to spend the money on a new replacement, in case that isn't the fault, I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience of the same fault, and what sorted it? ps, co2 is exactly correct, and ive tried adjusting it either way which has made no difference to the fault.
mcgas

Return to Trade Point