7 PVC Pipe ruptures in 6 weeks

Help at hand on which direction to take if your boiler's broken down, or not doing what it's supposed to be doing!!
Forum rules
There's no such thing as DIY in gas. Remember, please get a professional competent tradesperson in as and when required. Gas can kill

Postby binkmoss » Tue May 15, 2018 10:16 am

I'm at my wits end, I've had 7 pipe ruptures in 22mm PVC barrier pipe in the last six weeks. I'm sick of moving furniture around and lifting carpets and floorboards to have pipes replaced without anyone getting to the bottom of the problem.

A bit more info:

I have a closed system and the boiler in the kitchen has been kettling on and off for a while so keep turning it off when it's noisy. The pressure on the system is only at 1bar and the ruptures only occur when the heating and water timer is OFF. I've had 3 different plumbers out and none of them have any ideas other than faulty pipes, the house was a new build less than 9 years ago.

I'm about to lift floorboards again to survey the damage so any ideas appreciated.
binkmoss

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 7 PVC Pipe ruptures in 6 weeks

Postby kfordgas » Tue May 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum
It may be due to expansion on the pipes. If it's hot/cold, consider a shock areas for being fitted to prevent. If it's on heating pipes, check the expansion vessel level.
Thanks
kfordgas

Return to My boiler's not working?