Vokera Compact 28 Red Light

Help at hand on which direction to take if your boiler's broken down, or not doing what it's supposed to be doing!!
Forum rules
There's no such thing as DIY in gas. Remember, please get a professional competent tradesperson in as and when required. Gas can kill

Postby philyburton » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi guys, thanks in advance for taking a look at my boiler issue.

Weird one, i'm getting hot water when asked for and the central heating is working when required but as soon as there is no heating demand or the hot tap is switched off, the red light illuminates immediately and stays solid until either the hot water or heating demand returns.

The only time this doesn't occur is when the heating is on, I turn on the hot water tap, get hot water fine (although this was running luke warm for a good while a couple of weeks back) then switch off the hot water tap and the green burner light stays on to satisfy the heating demand.

If I turn the centre knob to the off position the solid red light remains. If I switch off at the fuse spur and back on, the green light flashes twice then turns to solid red.

If I then turn the knob clockwise to the winter position, the green light flashes 10 times before displaying solid red again.

Pressure gauge is showing exactly 1bar cold fill pressure.

Any ideas?

Thanks
philyburton

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Vokera Compact 28 Red Light

Postby kfordgas » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum
This sound suspiciously like it's going to be an electronic issue, such as PCB. If all is working ok, I wouldn't be too concerned. However, if it is affecting functionality, then consider getting someone to take a look. Common problems that cause red light are faulty primary sensor, and air flow problems such as dirty fan, venturis or incorrect restrictor fitted.
Thanks
kfordgas

Return to My boiler's not working?